Vatnajökull Glacier Walk
Are you ready for a unique adventure, an excursion consisting of a Jeep ride and glacier walk at a location where there are very few people!
This is a tour for those who wish to enjoy outdoor activities in the fresh mountain air and experience the unspoiled natural beauty of Iceland at its best. Breiðamerkurjökull is a part of Vatnajökull, the largest glacier in Europe, and glacier hiking is the perfect way to get to know this magnificent natural phenomenon while at the same time enjoying the surrounding and majestic mountain views. We meet at Jökulsárlón and embark on a 30-minute jeep ride to where we start our walk, at which point all passengers receive necessary safety equipment and instructions from the guide, essential for glacier walks. During the tour, passengers will acquire knowledge about the glacier and view some unique ice sculpture and crevasse formations. Conditions for photography are exceptional in this unique landscape, and, again, there will be very few people around.
- Crampons, harness, helmet, ice axe
- Professional Guidance
- Hiking boots with ankle support and warm socks
- Good, warm hiking clothes (fleece, wool, wind and waterproof jacket and trousers)
- Hat and gloves
- Water bottle, (energy-rich, like chocolate)
- Camera (optional)
- Availability: 09:30 and 14:00
- Meeting point: Jökulsárlón
- Area: South East Iceland
- Group size: 12 persons
- Minimum: 2 person
- Available: April – October