INTO THE GLACIER WORLD – Glacier Walk
Are you ready for a glacier walk?
On this safe, fun and easy glacier walk you can enjoy the unique glacier world with its breathtaking views; the mountains in these areas are among the most beautiful in Iceland.
We depart from Freysnes by Svínafellsjökull, and we‘ll arrive at the foot of Svínafellsjökull. There, we prepare for our glacier walk, and all guests receive proper equipment for this venture. To walk on a glacier and come in such close contact with this spectacular natural phenomenon is a unique experience, one to be remembered. After the walk, we head back to Freysnes. In all, this is approximately a three-hour tour.
- Crampons, harness, helmet, ice axe
- Guided tour with a local
- Good shoes (hiking boots if you have them)
- Good clothing based on weather, like fleece and water or windproof top. Light warm pants and waterproof if needed.
- Thin hat and gloves
- Camera (optional)
- Availability: 09:30 and 14:00
- Meeting point: Freysnes by Svínafellsjökull
- Area: South East Iceland
- Group size: 16 persons
- Minimum: 2 person
- April – October